Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 3 December 2007

Why Lord? WHY????

I am now officially going to SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am back at work (after 6pm) finishing the modified History exam for my two special ed boys. (Lots of pictures and not so many extended responses). I stopped briefly to make a phone call and find out how far from home Himself was as Mum and Dad have dropped the Baby Angel home. I don't like to leave her on her own for too long in the afternoon (it's still broad daylight here) and I was checking on her too to see if she was ok.
Aaaaaaaanyway, as I spoke on the phone the screen in front of me went blank. The computer had shut itself down automatically as it's on a network and senses if it has been 'left on'. I thought I had over ridden that at 4pm when the whole lot go down all at once. Apparently not. I have just lost over an hour's work including importing pictures, cutting and pasting and formatting. I feel sick. Whatever happened to the automatic 'save' facility on Word?????????

On that note I might as well go home and finish it there. It is going to be a VERY long night as I also have Devotions to prepare for the morning and the Year 9 English exam to do. I am also exhausted from a day of history revision with the most miserable lot of Year 9s you could imagine. No one would know from their demeanour that they have an exam tomorrow. They just do not seem to CARE!!
>:-( gggggrrrrrrrrr

7 comments:

Melody A. said...

Sorry.

I did my assignment, though.

Arizaphale said...

I'm glad SOMEONE did!!!!

Maya said...

Oh I'm so sorry! How frustrating!

kim said...

I'm so sorry. That is terrible. It used to happen to me all the time. At one point it was so bad, that I started to save after every two minutes, just to be sure that I wouldn't loose anything.

Christina said...

Oh no! That is so frustrating. After a few similar diasters, I use the "save" key quite liberally.

Anonymous said...

so, the question is, would you recommend becoming a teacher to anyone?

Arizaphale said...

HAH!