Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Tuesday 25 December 2007

Twas the Night Before Christmas.....


Melody left a comment about tracking Santa on Norad and I just had to check it out.

Well, I got completely confused. Why has Santa passed us by already???? Then I realised Du-oh...it is after 2am here, Santa 'visited' 2 hours ago! Silly me was thinking he had yet to visit cos there were no presents in stockings yet!!!!!

So why am I up stuffing stockings at 2am? Well, we always go to Midnight service at Church and don't go in the morning. By the time I'd taken Mum home and got the BA yawning into bed...it was already 1am and we still had to eat the mince pie and carrot!

The good news is that the boys ARE coming for lunch. There was a mis-understanding between brothers and a lack of communication. I feel quite sheepish about my earlier rant.

On the other hand, Himself I have a LONG way to go in terms of nutting out this whole Christmas business. Part of the problem lies in the different traditions inherent in a blended family, the rest lies in his gut wrenching hatred of shopping. I suggested that he tell me what he wants and I will get it. He can't even bear talking about it! I suspect also that he doesn't 'trust' me to buy for 'da boyz'. I don't think I am cool enough. After all I've mostly bought for girls.

Nevertheless it is really irritating when he tells you he's bought a dvd for the BA and then won't tell me which one he's bought. "It's a surprise." Well, it will be a bloody silly surprise if I've ALSO bought her the dvd!!!!!!!!!!! He does not get it.

Anyhoo, I had better finish. As you can see we had a baking day today. The BA did Christmas cookies for gifts (yet to be iced) and I did a fruitcake which I cut into quarters to make into 4 mini cakes as presents. Also still to be iced. Oh....there's always tomorrow!!! :-D Here's the BA with her finished cookies.

She's wearing the warpaint of a baker...self raising flour!!!

Now this is ridiculous. I must get the last presents finished and get off to bed. I'm afraid my writing does not match up with my pictures but it is too late to be worrying about that now!!!

".....but I heard him exclaim
'ere he drove out of sight,
Merry Christmas to all and
To all a goodnight!!!"

5 comments:

Brittany said...

yay!! Cookies look yummy!

Santa is in Russia, now. Adam is making me look every 2 minutes. Wow. He's only 2...does he really understand this??

GO TO BED silly!! :)

Maggie said...

Merry Christmas!!!!

Great shots of BA making cookies -- they sure look yummy!

Christina said...

First of all, that first picture is awesome! I love the angle and perspective! BA's cookies look mighty yummy, too.
Second of all, I'm glad some of the frustrations have been sorted out.
Third of all, I'm amazed that Himself does any Christmas shopping at all! I do all of it around here!LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm late reading this, so I hope you got everything done on time. I'm glad all the stuff with the brothers ended up being a misunderstanding. Unfortunately it wouldn't be Christmas without a few good ol' family misunderstandings!

A Free Man said...

I must say I can relate to your guy's hatred of shopping. I very nearly lost the plot in the Oxford city center while doing my Christmas shopping. Next year - I'll be organized...