Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 24 December 2007

The Christmas Meme.


I promised Natalie I was going to do this a week or so ago and now I have finally pinched it off Christina! We are nearly there folks!!! See you on Christmas Day!!!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? It depends on the amount of time I have for organization. Gift bags can be real quick :-) On Christmas Morning the BA’s presents from Santa are in a stocking and arranged around the stocking on a chair (for the bigger items). No paper. This tradition was handed down from Mum and Dad who got sick of wrapping presents for 3 kids.

2. Real or fake tree? Fake but have had real occasionally over the years. Enjoy both.

3. When do you put up the tree? First Sat in December although we didn’t make it this year due to schoolwork.

4. When do you take the tree down? On the twelfth night of course. 6th Jan

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes! But its silly drinking it here in summer.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Loved ‘em all!!!! Ones I remember distinctly however include my bike and an LP of the soundtrack of The Sound Of Music. (I wonder where that is!!!!??????????) I also remember getting a bottle of Drambuie in the bottom of my stocking when I was 18 :-)

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I have the old family plastic one amongst all the decorations but I don’t use it anymore. I think baby Jesus is a bit unsafe in his manger. Now we have a wild one my sister brought back from some South American country. It’s inside a gourd!!!! (see above)

8. Hardest person to buy for? My Bestie’s Mum. Sometimes I get inspired when she has a new interest but this year I am stumped.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Himself and the BA. I see stuff for them all the time!

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I must have blotted it out :-)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?’ Love Actually’: a recent addition. Also ‘White Christmas’.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Often stick little things aside for BA and Himself through the year but earnest shopping starts after school gets out and finishes…today!!!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not the same year! I may have wrapped up one or two of the BA’s untouched craft gifts for more appreciative little girls on their birthdays from time to time.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mince pies and Tipsy Rascals (don’t ask).

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Definitely clear.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Mariah Carey’s Xmas album is GREAT and my fave carol is probably ‘O Come All Ye Faithful.”. Love the third verse descant.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. But have done both. A couple of times we have flown out to the UK on Xmas day and arrived on Boxing Day morning after 24 hours flying!!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes. I don’t include Rudolph as he wasn’t in the original poem.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Trying to shop without kids.

23. What I love most about Christmas? Christmas lights and Christmas carols, warm homes and warm hearts. And now, seeing the joy and awe and excitement in my daughter's eyes! (what she said!!!)

4 comments:

Christina said...

Yay, I love seeing these answers from everyone. My goodness, I couldn't take the stress of just now starting on Christmas shopping! I was freaking out about it 2 weeks ago! I like that Nativity scene.

natalie said...

Every single time I read about how warm it is there and how you're swimming nude AND how it's CHRISTMAS TIME, I laugh out loud. We celebrate Independence Day when it's warm outside...not Christmas. I live in the Southern US, so it doesn't even really get COLD on Christmas, but it's still winter time. I guess that's the difference in living in my hemisphere on my side of the world and you living in YOUR hemisphere on YOUR side of the world.

Isn't it cold out there? ISN'T a Christmas song??? Oh, well...our local radio station only plays it between Thanksgiving (4th Thursday in Nov.) and Christmas. I always associated it with Christmas.

I hope your family has a fantastic Christmas this year. Maybe you and BA can take pictures in your matching bikinis and post for us. Maybe you can wear red and green furry bikinis...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Arizaphale said...

Natalie: methinks you have been into the Christmas eggnog if you think I would ever wear a bikini in a pink fit.Or any other fit for that matter. Meryy, merry Christmas mate; you made me laugh and cheered me up. (see next post)

Jeff Keith said...

Me and Jess watched my favorite Christmas movie tonight...It's A Wonderful Life!! Cool nativity.