Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 10 December 2007

Exam Torture ..er I mean Marking ...Continues

If I have to read one more 'creative writing' story about suicide/death, cancer, racing cars (or motorcycles), war or teen love I may be forced to resort to one of them. Motorcycles out of town are looking good at the moment.......

Oh wait, I still have another 13 papers to go......let me just take a quick sample.

War 1
Cancer 1
ah domestic violence...how refreshing
schizophrenia...also refreshing
desert island and ship wreck...not bad: oh dear...another one..perhaps they were sitting next to each other?
Lurve 1+1+1
racing cars 1 (with a death thrown in)
death by parachute
ahhhh fame and fortune in the music business...there's something a bit more positive
Lost At The Zoo...I feel a valium experience coming on

*sigh*

8 comments:

Brittany said...

holy cow. What interesting topics!

Christina said...

Ha. And I bet every single kid thought s/he was very original with those topics!

Jeff Keith said...

LOL I bet that gets old fast!

Karen said...

I'm not sure I could think of anything I'd like to do less than grade those papers. You asked in my blog what area of academia I was in - I hadn't answered you because I hadn't thought of a way to do it without risking someone googling my research area and potentially coming upon my blog - it's education. Specifically, my research is in the sociology of higher education, looking at who goes to college/university and how more students from underrepresented groups can be made more eligible.

That's all just an aside. I'm mentioning it here because I can tell you that reading graduate-level essays is tedious and often shocking because of the horrible prose and ill-formed ideas. What you are doing is the work of a saint. I hope you make it through.

Amy Jo said...

Good luck, and try and have fun!

Lovely photos in the previous post, by the way!

Jessie said...

I'm trying to remember what my term paper was about in ninth grade, but I can't. I'm sure we were given specific topics to choose from though.

Blueberry said...

oh wow, those are some interesting topics.... ;)

Melody A. said...

Were they able to choose their own topic? Awfully gloomy.