Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Thursday 6 November 2008

Obligatory Post For The Day zzzzzzz

I am not doing very well on the 'theme' front at the moment. I started a post last night in response to the US elections, but fell asleep before I finished it. Tonight I am having difficulty typing this as my eyes are closing on me and I'm nodding off over the keyboard :-(

BUT

I AM posting so I am still in the NaBloPoMo race!

Speaking of races, Himself has finished the Great Ocean Challenge (first leg)!! He finished in 91st position so he gets his boat name on the leader board on the website. He is well pleased and relieved as the last 48 hours were v high pressure in terms of tactics and watching the wind. All this and working too! He claims he could have finished even higher but he was in a meeting this afternoon when the crucial finishing moves were needed. ha ha :-D Still, he has done really well and I, for one, am proud of him.

Tomorrow we are taking The Baby Angel and her friend to see The Vines gig at a local music venue (pub!). Initially the kids wanted to go on their own!!!!! HA!!!!! As IF!!!!!! So they are going to be very embarrassed to be in the company of parents although we will of course keep a discreet distance. There has been frantic preparation. Hair cuts, new clothes and a custom made T shirt no less!!!!!

There's also been some Flaming Sword moments on the homework front but that will have to wait as I am dropppinn...............................................................................................................

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Yay!! GREAT job hubby! :)

Blueberry said...

91st! amazing! tell Himself that we are all quite impressed!

Anonymous said...

WELL DONE!!!

Loved the AS IF in regard to Baby Angel's outing. The actual measurement of that discreet distance usually is directly related to the behavior immediately preceding the event.

Hope you got some good sleep since you were nodding off at the computer!
Elisa

Anonymous said...

hehe look forward to the post! also interested in seeing customised t-shirt! well done Himself!

A Free Man said...

Enjoy The Vines! Not my favorite band but passable. I need to get out and see some live music soon. Adelaide gets a few bands coming through.