Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 3 November 2008

NaBloPoMo 3: Even though I've posted already today!

29th January 1995

Well, as I lie here writing, the staff of C (my school in Sydney) and every other school in NSW will probably be in a staff meeting planning 1995. I wonder how many classes there'll be and who will get swapped around before the week is out? I wonder if the new demountable whas arrived? I wonder how A is? I wonder why they haven't written?

Last week I had two days at Fairisle School. Next week, nothing much planned except an obstetrician visit and maybe the Isle of Wight with Middle Sis on Thursday.
Saturday, mum and I did aerobics and then went for a walk to Swaythling where we looked at a second hand pram for 40 pounds. Very cheap but we decided we needed to know more about them (prams) first. Got home just after dad who'd been on his first trip through the Channel Tunnel.

Saturday night we went out to dinner with a group of dad's students and others who were on the Keldish with dad. I spent that night dreaming about deep sea diving and submarines. The dinner served to remind me of how much I am missing young people. It's not that I don't enjoy spending time with Mum and Dad, on the contrary I love it, but I do feel the lack of a peer group. Maybe if I get to some antenatal classes I'll meet some people.

I miss everyone in Australian so much. I'd love to phone someone and just catch up on the school gossip but I don't like to run up Mum and Dad's phone bill.

Went swimming with Middle Sis last Tuesday. Hopefully going again this week. Trying to keep fit. I'm eating like a horse however.

I wonder when my boxes will arrive? And the parcel Bestie's posted.


Photo taken by my Middle Sis on the Isle of Wight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is back in 1995? What's NaBloPoMo mean? It's like the inverse of A freeman, in the UK with your family bust missing Australia... oooh today has a melancholy feel... time for the chocolate biscuits

Katie Swaner said...

I liek when you post the journals, but I don't want to get behind on the every day life the next month either. Better have more twice a day posts then. That'll be easy, right?