Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Tuesday 18 November 2008

My Daughter the Fish

Yuh see that little tiny baby back there? There little tiny, tiny one in my arms?

Well...........

Today she won the Year 8 freestyle, the Year 9 backstroke, and was the final swimmer in the successful year 9 and year 10 freestyle relay teams. She is a pan-year group swimmer!!!!! She is also a fish! Not bad for a kid who hasn't done any swimming training in over a year!

I am so proud but I don't have a single photo to show for it because I am a working mother and I NEVER get to see her in sports and swimming carnivals!!!!!!!!! >:-(
But I am still soooooo proud.

Unfortunately her smallish school does not enter any participants in the inter school swimming carnival :-( Damn shame really. She could do well.

And to whom does she owe her training?????
Errrrr.......not me.........I am having enough trouble there treading water :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable grin!

So - does Year 8 mean 8 years old or 8th year of school? I'm guessing 8 years old because she doesn't look old enough to be an 8th grader.
Elisa

Christina said...

Congrats to the BA! Pity she can't compete more with it. My brother in law is a junior in highschool, and an awesome swimmer - he's the captain of his school's team!

A Free Man said...

Congrats to the BA! Well done!

Arizaphale said...

Elisa
The photo os just an old one. The swimming results were from today!!! (so 8th year of school)

Anonymous said...

she is so cute! Well done the BA!

Arizaphale said...

Hey Alisha!
She did her first swimming in the UK at a local pool plus I took her on weekends which tested my mettle as I am not the most confident in the water. I was determined she would be however and so it came to pass ;-)
In Australia I credit State Swim with her current prowess, although she also attended a local swim club which improved her style and stamina.
Are you from Singapore?

Anonymous said...

Runs in the family silly!

Anonymous said...

Middle Sis x