Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 10 November 2008

NaBloPoMo 6: Overdue


28th April 1995

T + 4 days. I am now 4 days overdue. Anne the midwife came today and said the head has definitely engaged.

Monday: the due date was really an anti-climax. I moved from "it could happen any time' to "well, now I'm overdue." :-(
Tuesday I felt sure that something was happening as I had low tightening and niggly pains but Anne says that could have been her head dropping. She is still very active; still getting her foot under my rib quite frequently and bouncing around on my intestines :-( I felt ok however and went shopping ( always a good move) .
Wednesday was a downer again. Mainly stayed home and slept. Thursday and Friday ok as the sun came out again. I planted some impatiens for Mum and made the lining for the 'change basket' (eds note: a basket you keep next to the change table containing baby powder, cream etc).

(Picture: the frill I made for the moses basket; my hospital bag on the floor being packed; bedding and presents being sorted)


Friday was Active Birth classes again and then Lil Sis and her fiance arrived. It was like Christmas!
There were many jokes at Aquanatal and Active Birth about me still 'being here'. Several people offered to come visiting as they know I have no immediate circle of friends here. Very nice of them I thought. Getting sick of the phone ringing with people asking "Are you still there...haven't you had it yet????"
Cervical sweep next Tuesday if 'no go' by then. Induction Monday 8th May if still no show. She could be born on the Bestie's Mum's birthday!! (9th May)

(Arranging the bedroom in preparation. Look at those tiny booties. The pink rabbit (Rattle Bunny) on top of the shelves was her bedtime companion up until she was about 9. She has been recently rediscovered, slightly the worse for wear and has taken her rightful place again.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So were you liking being in the UK during your pregnancy or not? Oh confusion, def need to read back in your archives, when you went to UK/ OZ/ reasons/ movements/ babyA ... I like these posts... how do you feel going through your old journals? Remember how you felt then? Would have given your old-self some advice?

Brittany said...

Ohh this is so fun to read about!

we_be_toys said...

Oh the memories! I regale my kids with their birth stories still, mostly because they're boys and it grosses them out (score 1 for Mom!).
Hard to believe just how fast the time goes, isn't it? I mean, WE'RE not any older, how did they get older?

Christina said...

So cool to get a peak back into your past! I bet BA is loving it, too.

Oh, and N was born 3 weeks early...I really feel for anyone that goes overdue!

A Free Man said...

Sinead was convinced that she was going to be late, so it was more than a bit of a surprise when Zach wanted an early arrival. Fortunately, I had made her back her bag a couple of days earlier.