Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Wednesday 6 August 2008

A Gift Of Love

We had a bit of a rough weekend. My bad shoulder aside there was some 'ye olde blended family' style nonsense. You know, the old "Brady Bunch was a crock of ****" type stuff.

I was pretty upset and the BA knew it so when she was out on Sunday afternoon she bought me these from our local confectionary paradise Darrell Lea. Although she personally loathes licorice, she knows I am a sucker for the licorice allsort.

Looking up now from the bottom of the packet I can say I feel very much better.
And very loved.

10 comments:

Blueberry said...

i don't care for licorice but those are quite beautiful!

Brittany said...

That *IS* a gift of love! What a wonderful BA you have! :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, I could use some of that love. But I actually thought it was soap. I like it better that it is something to eat.

Maggie said...

What a sweetie BA is! And I'm glad that you said that was licorice...I totally wouldn't have known otherwise. I thought that it looked like candles!

Anonymous said...

Shows what I know - at first glance I thought it was a picture of soaps! haha - that would NOT have been a tasty treat.

Ahh - the simple things in life make all the difference don't they?
Elisa

Stacy said...

What a wonderful little girl you have there. She was definitely thinking of her momma with that sweets purchase. Hope things are looking better today. ((hugs))

Unknown said...

I know you know this already...but BA is seriously an angel! She is so thoughtful and sweet. I've said it before and I'll say it again..."God please let my girls turn out half as sweet as your girl!"

Andi said...

What a wonderful and selfless gift! She IS an angel!! I am not a fan of licorice either, but those treats are lovely- what bright colors. Nice photo...

Christina said...

Now that is awesome. You've definitely done something right with that girl for her to be such a sweetie.

And...gimme my licorice! Yum!

Anonymous said...

I too love licorice allsorts. Sorry you had such a rubbish weekend.