Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Thursday 14 August 2008

In Mourning


Did you know there is a certain speed at which an ipod exits a treadmill which causes it to, through a strange mix of physics and ethics, reach a critical velocity and angle of trajectory that opens up a small tear in the time space fabric and swallows the ipod completely. This renders it untraceable, regardless of the number of times you get on your hands and knees, raise the incline on the treadmill and peer underneath.

Of course, some bastard may just have stolen it as they passed behind me in the last 4 minutes of my workout. If only I had stopped the machine and picked it up immediately.

The BA was optimistic. "Don't worry mum, no-one will have stolen it. It's a ladies gym." I reluctantly informed her that most thieves look like everyone else and are not confined to the male persuasion. I half heartedly checked my phone this morning to see if they had tried phoning me after finding that the torn time space continuum had miraculously reopened, dropping my beloved ipod into some hidden corner of the treadmill. But no.

What will I do at the gym now? I can't imagine running without my ipod *stifled sob*

5 comments:

The Honourable Husband said...

Posted a little explanation of NoEarRabbit for you, AZ my sweet.

Anonymous said...

:(
I'm sorry. I have been walking without music, because I take Grant with me, and it just seems rude to ignore him. It certainly makes the time pass slowly when there's nothing to listen to.

Blueberry said...

oh no!!!! i hope it is found and returned to you! i don't think i could workout without music either.

ok, who am i trying to fool. workout? this body needs it but fails to do it on a surprisingly regular basis!

Anonymous said...

Oh, no, no, no...

I'm so attached to my iPod that something like this would destroy me. Of course, I also would have stopped immediately and grabbed it before anyone could touch my precious.

Precious...

Unknown said...

i can't imagine running without my iPod either...oh, I hope it is found! maybe somebody will turn it in?? (hopefully thinking good thoughts for you.)