Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Tuesday 5 August 2008

Best Shot Monday: Through The Rain


I actually got a photo taken last week! This was off the balcony when I was off school in acute pain. It was taken at some personal expense too as I had to lift my arm painfully to take it!

There was actually a double rainbow and from our balcony you could see the whole thing although it was too big to get into one shot. Pretty speccy though. You can just see the second 'bow' in this shot. Oh and these are SOOC in true amateur arizaphale style. Any of you gurus out there suggest what I could do to improve them? Seriously.

Meanwhile, for some more fab photos, pop over to Tracey's for BSM.

16 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

Wow! SOOC! Gorgeous shots! Hope your arm feels better. I can't really offer any help...I'm stuck in a vignetting rut that I MUST get myself out of :)

The Source said...

Wonderful shot! Never have been lucky enough to see a double rainbow, but I did see one in a circle around the sun this summer.

Andrea said...

These are terrific and they're SOOC? Very cool.

It's beauuutiful where you live.

Maggie said...

These are amazing! It is so picturesque -- straight out of a movie or something! I think that they look great right out of the camera, but if you wanted to darken the sky a bit then maybe the colors of the rainbow would pop more and it would be easier to see the second band of color?

Melissa said...

Those are beautiful! It can be so hard to capture rainbows but you did a great job! I love the colors.

Feel better!

Anonymous said...

We haven't seen a rainbow in such a long time. I think you did a great job.

Blueberry said...

wow! great shots!!! i love rainbows. :)

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE rainbows - and double ones are just a gorgeous sight to see!
Elisa

Andi said...

What clear vivid shots with such strong color- just wonderful...hope your are feeling better and better!

Christina said...

Gorgeous! I'd have to say, your pain was worth it...we all appreciate it. ;o)

Anonymous said...

What the hell is SOOC. This is like the 19th anagram I've come accross this week that I don't understand. I think I'm getting old. And grumpy.

Grrrrrrr.

Lovely shots, though.

Rose said...

Great rainbow shots! I love rainbow! Hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Oh how lovely!

chaoticfamily said...

Beautiful.

Stacy said...

Great shot! Double rainbows are so beautiful. :)

Kim said...

So pretty. Nice shots. I'm so far behind in my blog reading, I didn't know you were hurt or ill, maybe? Now my curiosity is peaked. I'm gonna have to put you on my "must read next" list. :-)