Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Friday 10 April 2009

Theme Thurday: The End


It's 'The End' of my house in England! It was also 'The End' of our time in England as we had finished renovating, painting, tiling etc ready to put the house on the market. And look! There's 'The End' of the garden. That was just about as much garden as I could cope with! Nowadays, our big, drought ridden unloved Australian garden looks like 'The Living End'! Ugh.

Stacy has reached 'The End' of her time hosting Theme Thursday. I have loved thinking about and coming up with interpretations on themes (when I had time to think) and I would like to thank her for her dedication to the weekly event over the last year and a half. Hopefully, Theme Thursday will find a new home and Stacy will have more time to regale us with beautiful photography, stories of her DIY and fabulous creative sewing! Great work Stacy. Thanks again.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

That is a beautiful little garden! Don't you miss it? I love green and gardens and living in dry climates like Australia and oh, Arizona here, just seems hard. Of course on the plus side you don't have snow! ;)

Thanks so much for the thanks, too! I was happy to host and don't worry...I will regale you with painted cabinets just as soon as I get them done. I can't wait until it is done, that is for certain.

Killlashandra said...

I love the garden. It looks like the perfect size for an urban garden not too big but still has some green space to enjoy and a place to sit outside.

Considering I live in NM, gardens around here are pretty dry too. Lots more brown than green covering the countryside no matter what season it is. ;)

Anonymous said...

I miss that house.

A most un-Australian house, but you tried. The extension at the back was very Millswoody.

The thing that made the house special, though, was the front.

And the people inside, of course.

hb8

P.S. Uncanny. The word verification is "resharks", as in Real Estate Sharks.

Jill said...

Very cute garden!

(headbang8 - my verification word is "coyful". Is that even a word?!?!?!?!? I'm kidding!!!!! But it probably should be...)

Anonymous said...

You have been blessed with a series of wonderful houses.

KCJ