Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Friday 2 November 2007

NaBloPoMo

For all those not 'in the know', NaBloPoMo stands for National Blog Posting Month in which we are encouraged to post every day. There is a website and various activities for those who wish to sign up but I don't need any more encouragement to blog, in fact I blog too much, so I have simply set myself a challenge.

For NaBloPoMo, I will try to post a picture of the Baby Angel everyday, starting with early ones and working up. I get to see so many pix of lovely kids that it makes me nostalgic for the days of my baby, toddler, little person. To satisfy this craving for my kid...I will indulge myself with some dipping into the past. Many of the early pix were analog of course so hopefully they will scan in ok.

For those with close connections, I hope you enjoy the walk down memory lane. For others, well, you know what will be here so if you don't do nostalgia photos I will also continue to post on items of Flaming Sword interest, family news and hot topics.

So I give you....November day 1....(only its day 2 here)......NaBloPoMo

Birth




These are pretty graphic, hope that's ok! Actually there are some even more graphic ones taken by the midwife against my wishes :-) She claimed that I could always throw them out but if she didn't take them, the moment would have been gone. I hide them in my album behind these more tasteful (relatively) shots.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow! You go mama! I could never do a water birth. I need my drugs.... lol You are an amazing woman for giving birth that way! I salute you!!

Melody A. said...

Amazing! You're the only person that I "know" who's done anything like that.

Christina said...

What a wonderful idea, to share BA's babyhood and childhood like this! I'll enjoy watching her grow up. I would have SO loved to experience a water birth.

natalie said...

I wanted to do a water birth so badly, but our local hospital doesn't do that and the insurance wouldn't cover for us to deliver at home or a birthing center. So, we went the medicated (somewhat) route. Next time (if there is one), I'll go completely unmedicated with some natural strategies to help.

Thanks for sharing with us. I can't wait to stop by every day and read your posts!

Blueberry said...

awwwww! it is going to be fun to see your little one all month!!!

kim said...

Simply amazing!

mandaroo63 said...

That's awesome. I know quite a few people that have done homebirths. I think I would had I to do it all over again. Thanks for sharing with us all!