Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Saturday 17 November 2007

NaBloPoMo #17: Of Many Schemas

More scanner news. I have moved the settings up to 1200dpi and reduced the scan area. Does it look any better?????

Here she is at 2 years 4 months surprised whilst 'reading'. I love the way they surround themselves with everything they're going to 'need' so they don't have to get up too much! Here we have a blanket (hand embroidered by my Aunt....thank you D), a dolly (dress made by Grandma), some paper with drawing/writing on it (under the dolly), assorted books and easy access to the phone!

There is something grey and cordlike hanging over the arm of the chair which I cannot identify but she was always carting around bits of rope and sundry DIY supplies for no apparent reason. Her favourite activity was putting things in 'bags'. Her foot obviously, as evidenced by the last photo, her head occasionally, assorted blocks, rocks, toy screwdrivers and play money along with a selection of soft toys on most days. We called it her 'transporting schema'.

Or it could have been part of her 'enclosure schema' which involved wrapping her self in things...in this case a curtain ("Where is she????")....before springing out to giggle and shriek hysterically ("There she is!!!"). I have had to crop this photo for the sake of decency which is kind of a shame because you don't get to see the red wellington boots which were her only item of clothing at this point. That was another of her 'schemas'; the 'disrobing schema'. I toyed with the idea of posting a gallery of shots where she is carrying her clothes rather than wearing them. In a number of contexts! The zoo, the park, the front garden, the back garden (not quite so bad).......does anyone else have trouble keeping clothes on their child???????

Nowadays she is pretty good at staying dressed. LET'S HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY. hahahahahahahahahahaha

I have decided to make my NBPM title congruent with the date so I don't confuse myself (easily done). I am also watching my counter with glee as the days tick down to Mum and Dad's arrival!!!! Now all I have to do is get all this marking done, exams and reports written and my house cleaned and then it will be Christmas.

How's YOUR NaBloPoMo going???

5 comments:

Melody A. said...

V is so into carrying things around in bags. All day, she packing another bag. When we are at home, when we go out. If we can't find something, we have to go searching in bags.

Christina said...

Nadia has a love affair with bags and purses, too! There's no telling what she has tucked in her bag at any particualr moment! But she doesn't arrange everything so she doesn't haev to get up...on the contrary, she doesn't sit in one spot for more than 3 seconds!

Such a pretty girl BA is, with those gorgeous golden curls. And I think the scanner settings did help!!

Blueberry said...

bean loves bags as well, must be a two year old thing.... that and the undressing! (we are teaching her to dress herself so now she also undresses herself whenever she feels like it.)

Anna said...

SO cute! The hardest part about Na bla is keeping up with everyone else! I am going to spend december catching up!

kim said...

She just keeps getting cuter! I never had a lot of trouble with Lauren and her clothes, but my neighbor has a hard time keeping clothes on her three year old.