Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Wednesday 24 October 2007

Kidzone Revisited

Phew. Just had a meeting here (good excuse to vacuum and clear away the washing and ironing) for Kidzone, our Church's version of Sunday School. An eclectic group with some real talent and some real characters. I've somehow managed to be labelled 'Co-ordinator' which is fine with me...at least I'll know what's going on :-) It was a productive meeting and we ironed out a few issues like the 'Family Service' and what that means, whether we will have a Nativity or not (yes), whether we need a curriculum or just follow what's going on in the service (the former) and a bit of who's doing what, when. I have also been invited to become a 'member' of the Church of Christ ooer. It's funny changing denominations; at the end of the day it doesn't really mean anything at all but I've written down C of E or Anglican on forms now for so long it feels odd to write anything else. And yet, I so do not feel a part of the Anglican church with all the carry on that they're dealing with at the moment.
Must away to prepare for tomorrow. Have to do better than the 4 hours of sleep I got last night.
xx

2 comments:

Christina said...

All hail to the new Kidzone coordinator!

jenny said...

Are you saying you now belong to a "church of Christ" kind of church? Because that's the kind I go to----and it would be really weird if we're in this same sort of "denomination" as well as being blog friends from afar. Across oceans. I actually have friends at my congregation who are Austrailian---from Adelaide, if I remember right!