Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Sunday 6 April 2008

Big Wish Bike Ride 2009

Last Thursday night I spent a bit of time with a lovely friend of ours, Margaret, who is one of those people whose energy level makes you feel like a couch potato! As well as being a devoted wife and mother of 3 boys she works tirelessly for charity, her favourite being
'Make A Wish Australia' who grant wishes to seriously ill children and their families.

Next year Margaret is involved in the 2009 'Big Wish Bike Ride' where two 'crazy' but dedicated athletes are cycling from Adelaide to Perth in 21 days!!!!! On Thursday I showed her how to set up a blogsite in order to journal the lead up to, and of course the events of, the ride as it happens.

Now Margaret is a born blogger and is desperate to get involved in the blogging community. I have given her a small hand setting her blog up, but there is so much I don't know, like how to make buttons for her sidebar and get paypal onto her site. She also is asking for ideas about how to make her blog more visible so I think the best thing I can do for her is to direct some of my lovely and talented readers over to her new site and get you all to answer some of her questions!

Have a lovely week everyone! (1 week until the school holidays here !!!!!!!!!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is an ambitious project. I think it would be like bicycling from New Orleans to L.A. (if I have my scale correct) - through the desert. Yikes! Gotta admire that kind of ambition.