Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Tuesday 22 April 2008

Best Shot Monday: Waterfall Gully

Last week Mum and Dad and I took the Small Boy on a walk to Waterfall Gully in the Adelaide Hills. Surprisingly, there was water in it although a much reduced flow as you can see from the stain marks on the rocks behind.
Can you see the rainbow in the spray at the bottom of the falls?
My mother was impressed by the size of the tree roots desperately holding this gum tree up on the path. Click over to Mother May I for other Best Shots for Monday.

9 comments:

Maggie said...

That is a gorgeous place!! I hope that you guys had a great time...what a treat to be surrounded by such natural beauty...

Stacy said...

Beautiful shots! I love that waterfall and that gum tree root is very interesting, too.

Anonymous said...

We're headed your way tomorrow. Shoot me an e-mail with contact details and we can try and catch up after a few days of recuperation. God, give me patience for this trip!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and gorgeous photos, by the way. Sheepish with self-centeredness.

Phyllis Sommer said...

wow, you caught that rainbow - so perfect. gorgeous shots!

Brittany said...

Wow! looks amazing!!! :)

Dawn said...

Wonderful shots!! You're so funny (I just read your dream post!)

Christina said...

Oooh, pretty! Especially that rainbow, I noticed it right away!

kim said...

beautiful waterfall... Those roots are quite impressive.