Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Thursday 8 November 2007

NaBloPoMo: #7 Summer; About 14 months

Now I am going to go against my own 6 monthly intervals calculation and post a few from Summer and Autumn of 1996 because she was so gorgeous (I think). You can see that from my own youth and skin damage I had learned my lessons; I always had hats on her!!. Pity she won't wear them without nagging nowadays.

I loved these watermelon striped overalls too, made by the Bestie's Mum. You can see they had a gollywog face on the front complete with woolly hair which, given the sensitivity around race in the UK (remember the fuss over the Noddy books?) we had to replace with a badge as I recall. (sorry B's Mum) I took a few photos with lovingly made 'golly' first before we politically sanitized them :-)

(oooo I've just realised I flipped this photo in the scanning and haven't corrected it :-).....)

10 comments:

Brittany said...

She's so beautiful!!!! :)I lovvve the overalls!!

Melody A. said...

That's very interesting. I wish I could see the image.

Maggie said...

She is just so stinkin' cute!

And is she just dying that her baby pictures are making their way to the 'net? Or does she recognize it being super cool? Since it totally is!

Christina said...

So freakin' adorable! Love the overalls, love the kiddo! She did better at that age with hats than my girl; N has never liked them.

natalie said...

I don't know your sweet girl, but she is amazingly beautiful!

Anonymous said...

she IS gorgeous. and those overalls and the hat...just perfect.

Anna said...

So sweet! She is just a bit younger than Henry is now, so I am very connected to this photo. Sigh, why do they grow so fast?

Blueberry said...

oh the hat! i'm a sucker for a little kid in a cute hat!! :)

kim said...

Another adorable picture of BA! What is a gollywog?

Laura McIntyre said...

Your daughter is adorable, i love love the overalls. Great colours