Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Thursday 22 November 2007

Thanksgiving: Share a Bit with Us.

OK. It seems like lately all the talk in the Blogosphere is about Thanksgiving and its accompanying traditions. Now we don't know very much about it here, except for what we see in the movies and it occurred to me that, like Christmas, Thanksgiving has had its share of movies with the holiday as the central motif.

So......I ask you........what is YOUR favourite Thanksgiving based movie?

The one that sticks in my mind is a bit bizarre but it made such an impression on me at the end that I wished we had the Thanksgiving holiday to celebrate. It's 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles'.

How about you?

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm not sure I can think of any movies, with thanksgiving...honestly. Hmmm... We always watch the Christmas movies, on Thanksgiving...how odd is that?? ha ha. I do like the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, however.

Arizaphale said...

That counts!

Anonymous said...

Best Thanksgiving movie - that’s a tough one - either “Home for the Holidays” which is hilarious or “The Ice Storm” which is kind of depressing, but beautiful.

"Planes, Trains and Automobiles" is a great one that I had forgotten about. I love Steve Martin!

Sitting here on the group W bench…

Anonymous said...

i love that one too! And my favorite christmas one is of course Christmas Vacation with chevy chase!
hope all is well down under! :0)