Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Tuesday 27 November 2007

NaBloPoMo #27: Australian Girl

September 2003. Now living in Adelaide Australia, my little pommy girl was making some big adjustments in her life. New school, new friends, more new teeth, a lot more freckles with increased exposure to the demon Australian sun. She was also now a seasoned traveller having started the holiday routine of unaccompanied flights to Sydney to see her Dad. (That nearly broke my heart the first time but that's another story.....)

This photo is about a year after the last one. I think she's losing her little girl chubby cheeks.
I'm not going to get you up to present day in what's left of NaBloPoMo unless I go yearly so be prepared for some radical changes!

Off to school and more report writing. Just how many ways can you say 'needs to focus in class'?

7 comments:

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

She really looks like you. Wonderful smile.

Melody A. said...

OK, that picture is like a mirror image of you from the sidebar!!

Christina said...

yep, she's looking nearly grown all of a sudden!

Arizaphale said...

Poor child if she looks like me. At least she didn't get 'the nose'.!!!!!

Karen said...

So sweet ! And it's true, she does look suddenly "young ladyish." I love this progression!

chaoticfamily said...

Wow - she is beautiful.

kim said...

Sweet.. I love that dimple.