Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 17 September 2007

Best Shot Monday: Through Baby Angel's Eyes

Isn't that a cute shot? Not mine I'll have to admit. I have been so steeped in work that I have had to hand over custody of Best Shot Monday to the Baby Angel who took the l'il ole PAS out to the National Park on the weekend with Himself and the Small Boy. I thought this was a great one of The Small Boy who was in fine form this weekend; it really captures his cheeky side!
She was also blown away by a creek they found on their bike riding trip and took multiple photos, discovering the vagaries of the auto exposure and focus. The one above I've fiddled with as it was a bit washed out and I think it gives a lovely sense of the pretty setting and the intrepid explorer. Apparently he was giving her advice as to where she should shoot from :-). Must be his father's genes.
She was quite pleased with this one which shows the scale of the burnt out gum tree near the play park.

And here's another beauty as they played in the wooden fort. Shame about the legs in the back ground.

All in all I think she did a great job of capturing the afternoon's adventures. I can see that she will be wanting her own photo blog before long. Hmmm, not sure if our family could cope with more than one blogger in the house!!!!!

She was feeling SO creative this week that when I mentioned last Thursday's 'Theme Thursday' she came up with an idea! It was almost bedtime so I took some very quick snaps with the PAS (the Coolpix battery was flat :-( .... ) and then completely failed to post as I got swamped by work. So, in a bit of a cheat, because it was her idea and I promised her I'd post it.....I give you

Belated Theme Thursday: Three-The Quest for More Time


That's My Girl!!!! *beam beam*

Pop over to Picture This to see what other Best Shots there are this week! Happy Monday.

11 comments:

Maya said...

That burnt out tree is amazing! Nice shots.

Anonymous said...

love the belated "three" post -- what a great idea! if only wearing more watches was the key to more time in one's day :)...

Anonymous said...

She did an awesome job with the series, and let her have her own photo blog. :)

I love each shot, but am partial to the first and last. He has such "boy" expressions and she captured them wonderfully.

natalie said...

Hey!

Thanks for dropping by! I've missed your writing and visits.

Your daughter has a knack for photography...I'd encourage that for all its' worth.

You can get the button by going to picture this and clicking on her button on the right hand side of her blog. There is a code for it.

Do you know how to do buttons? I just figured it out!

Melody A. said...

I think you've got a talented one there! I like the big tree, too. Any kokaburro's? (I know that's spelled wrong. I don't feel like looking it up.)

Brittany said...

very nice h shots! Tell BA she has quite the skills!

Christina said...

well done, baby angel! looks like she's following in your footsteps. personally i love the 4th one, the leg adds to it, imo. and love her take in tt!

Anna said...

I love the foot in the fort and didn't even notice the legs til you said it!

And way to go BA, loving the NEED MORE TIME shot!

And thank you for your lovely comments about my cupcake photo series being just right. I think I do agree!

Here is the link to getting the button for BSM:

http://picturethis.clubmom.com/picture_this/2007/09/the-best-of-t-1.html

Enjoy!

kim said...

Way to go BA! Very nice shots! I like the gum tree... wow those things get big!

Cari said...

That huge tree is amazing. And I love the expression in the first shot. She really did a great job. And her Theme Thursday shot is great too! :)

Thank you for your kind words on my Theme Thursday shot from last week too.

Karen said...

She took some wonderful shots! I think it's great that she's thinking about theme thursdays. What a fun idea she had.