Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Tuesday 22 January 2008

Best Shot Monday: Setting the Timer

Late this week. Better than last week when I totally missed BSM in the frenzy of my sister's departure.

Haven't taken too many photos this week. Have been a bit sluggish and de-motivated with their leaving and the depressing approach of the new school year. This was one of the last I took as we waited to farewell them at the airport.And this is the the resulting 'family portrait'. I am saying out of the corner of my mouth 'Small Boy, put your thumb down...put it down for goodness sake.' You can sort of tell once you know can't you? :-)

*sigh*

Oh and in camera news....my Dad has bought himself a DSLR! After consultation with Himself, he completely ignored all advice and bought an Olympus which scored 90% in a CHOICE magazine comparison of DSLRs! I'm waiting to see what he produces with it :-)

Get excited by the talent over at Best Shot Monday.

9 comments:

Brittany said...

ohh what a great portrait. Love the thumbs up... hahah. What is with kids and making a thumbs up?? Too funny.

Maya said...

Nice shot with the timer!!! Love the thumbs up!

A Free Man said...

Nice family portrait! I've been playing with the self timer too, but for a different reason. Hopefully will post the results this week.

I am dreadfully jealous of your Dad getting a DSLR - top of my wish list right now but with a young boy and immigration on the table I think it's going to remain an abstract for the time being.

mandaroo63 said...

LOL, yeah, you can tell once you mention it. Hope you had a great time with your family.

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

That's so funny.... "put the thumbs down"... hee hee.

Let us know how your dad likes the olympus. I was looking at those. I'm still pointing and clicking away with out little kodak. I can't bring myself to go DSLR because I love taking pictures with the lcd screen.... and I saw that the Olympus dslr still uses the lcd.

Maggie said...

Hooray for family portraits! I think it's cute with the thumbs up - a very kid thing to have included in your family picture!

Kimberly said...

Don't feel bad, I was late with BSM too. :)

Great photo especially with a self timer!

Christina said...

LOL at SB and the thumb! You've really mastered that side-of-the-mouth talking. ;o) And I love the behind-the-scenes first photo!

kim said...

I can't believe I'm so behind in reading your blog!! Yikes! Guess I've been spending too much time with the kids- hehe.. Like the family portrait. Very nice.
BTW.... read the meme after this post, but couldn't find anything to disagree with, sorry.