Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Wednesday 19 September 2007

This is a Real Sunset

My husband doesn't believe me ( because he was cooking dinner at the time and would not deign to leave his creations in order to delight at this phenomenal scene) but most of this sunset is reflection! You can just about see the hazy horizon where the sea meets the sky and the colour fades from pink to blue. The visible rim of the sun is whiter and the orange part is the reflection on the sea. Whether he believes me or not....I think it was awesome! Unfortunately I had to use digital zoom as it was fast disappearing by the time I got to it...so it is a bit noisy....but it was a gorgeous sunset nevertheless.

Bye... off to make gypsy trousers hahahahaha........no really............at least reports are done.

7 comments:

Blueberry said...

oooooooh, very pretty indeed!!!

Christina said...

wow, how awesome to get the reflection like that! lucky you to be within site of the ocean...

Good luck on those trousers. ;o)

Karen said...

That's gorgeous! And that's the view from your house?! Wow. I think I'll move to Australia.

Cari said...

That is so beautiful!

kim said...

I bet it was breathtaking in person, wow!

Anonymous said...

Don't care what hubby says, I love it. Any sunset is beautiful to me, and thanks for reminding me to try to enjoy more of them.

Gypsy trousers?

Rose said...

Harrison caught me looking at the picture and commented, (he's 2) "Big sun, mommy. Sun going down, it's pretty mommy."
I agree.