Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Sunday 20 May 2007

Over The Top

This is what's left of the party bag Small Boy brought back from yesterday's orgy.

The bag measures 240mmx160mm (9x6inches).

It currently contains (I didn't see the full bag), 4 lollipops, 2 party poppers, 2 pirate balloons, chocolate money, assorted soft sweets, 6 mini chocolate 'Celebrations' and a packet of Whizz Fizz. As I said, this is only what's left.

What are people thinking? What message does this give? What's wrong with 1 lollipop, 1 balloon and 1 party popper?
I am incensed! I am currently so appalled I cannot even begin to describe philosophically the objections I have to this excess. Never mind what implications it has for Small Boy's teeth and temperament during the day (he is highly sensitive to sugar...triggers tantrums and inexplicable rage ending with a big sleep)....it just sends a Gordon Gecko like message..."Greed is Good".

No comments: