Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Tuesday 23 June 2009

Crafty Tuesday: Best Friends

Yes, it is scrap booking time again. This week for Crafty Tuesday I give you our latest project from Friday night Scrapbooking Workshop.

We started off with these funky embellishments (let's face it, scrapbooking is all about the embellishments! photos mess everything up :-D)

Actually, the 'model' we had to work from was a hen's night and the embellishments were all about 'bride-to-be' but it didn't take too much imagination to pick a new theme.In the end I wasn't very happy with the page, it was too cluttered, so I shifted one of the embellishments off onto the facing page and my plan is to re-organise the layout with one or two more shots and do a double page spread.I'll let you know how it all works out.

By the way, did you notice the 'names'? The labels do have the kids names on them, in the same funky lettering, but I am getting to be a dab hand at wiping them off with 'Paint' nowadays :-D

As always, Carrie has been busy whipping up super craft over at Barely Controlled Chaos and many of her commenters are worth a look too if you love a bit of craft, like me!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I really like the layout and the embellishments! So cute! You are right about scrapbooking being more about the embellishments than the photos LOL! Sometimes I look at stuff that scrapbook artists have done and have a hard time seeing a picture in there!

Oh, and about our firepit. It is almost a chiminea. It's cast iron and open all the way around, though. We got it at one of the major home improvement stores here in the States.

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm such an embelly junkie - it is sometimes hard to remember that it is supposed to be about the photos! I really love the embellishments here - let us know when you rework it, I love before & afters! (Also loving that green right now!)

Maggie said...

So cute! This reminds me how dreadfully behind I am on scrapbooking...yikes!

Andi said...

I envy that you are completing pages...I just can not make it that far yet. I have done LOADS of books for friends and relatives as gifts and such, but never any for myself. I totally agree that the embellishments take over, and I think I ruin a good thing sometimes when I put in the photos. Hilarious! I liked the green color with black. Nice job.