Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 27 April 2009

SOOC Sunday: Bondi Beach

Melody does this little thing called Straight Out Of Camera Saturday (or Sunday) and as I'm about to load up a plethora of shots from my Sydney trip, I thought I'd start with this one and send you over to look at other people's unprocessed photography at Slurping Life.

I have no idea who this is but he walked across my shot of the wind blowing the spray off the wave and turns out it is good that he did! I have any number of other shots of waves and they somehow never look as impressive as they do in real life. A bit of human interest helps :-)

I had a great time in Sydney, (thanks to the BA's Dad and Stepmum Extraordinaire) and we finished off with an ANZAC Day Saturday afternoon trip down to Bondi for coffee and cake. It really is a beautiful beach. The Baby Angel had never been there before and so we walked on the sand and sat and watched the multitude of surfers hovering like sharks around the left hand break.

It's Monday here now and I am putting off the hideous but inevitable return to work. I don't even know what I'm supposed to be teaching them today *sigh*. I have a free to work it out when I get there :-(

Hope you're all doing OK wherever you are.

4 comments:

A Free Man said...

Glad you had a good time and got back safely - now get back to work!

Amy Jo said...

What a cool shot! I love the addition of the surfer, and I agree that it's vert difficult to get off a shot that does any justice to the real thing.

melody is slurping life said...

A bit envious that you were there, but enjoying this gorgeous shot. How nice of the surfer dude to provide the human element.

Love having you join SOOC.

Stacy said...

That is a cool shot! I would imagine those surfers are used to getting their pictures taken. I always thought it would be fun to learn to surf, alas there are no oceans near me.

Whenever I visit the mountains or someplace superbly beautiful I find it so hard to capture it on the camera, too. Good thing we have our memories (such as they are!). :)