Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Thursday 10 January 2008

Guest Blogger: Baby Angel on Peer preasure:)

Howdy there bloggee mate's of the mother. It is I...Baby Angel. Now today I will be talking about how you should never try something just because every one else says you can. You can end up in a lot of trouble. Or in my case a rather large scab on my lip, nose and face. Yes that is me on the right. Not one of my best looks I admit...

It started when we had friends over yesterday. The mother who we shall call B, the 1st daughter (one of my friends) who we shall call A and the younger daughter who we shall call S. Now when B, S and A came over it was a boiling hot day so we couldn't resist going for a nice little swim in the pool. We had been in there for a while when A started showing me how to do back flips off the edge of the step in the pool. The step is slightly halfway into the shallow end but can cause a rather nasty injury when not used properly. Now I can do back flips, front flips, somersaults handstands all in the pool but am not so good when performing skills out of the pool. Now A is about the same hight as me but is as skinny as a twig and she was doing really good back flips off the step. She said that I should have a go. The first 2 times I did it I almost broke my back and came very close hitting my head on the floor. By the 3rd time I did it I wasn't feeling very confident but everyone was telling me to have a go. So... according to on lookers I did the back flip , then there was a lot of squirming about on the bottom on the pool, and then I came up with blood on my face. Now my version... I just managed the back flip (almost breaking my back), opened my eyes and was greeted by a solid wall smashing my 2 front teeth, nose, shoulder, lip and a bit under my nose. OWWWW!! Pain went searing through my face and I came up trying not to cry. I immediately looked at mum with my hands covering my face, worrying if I still had all my teeth. She came over and saw it was bleeding and being the super mother she is went straight for the ice pack. I sat out on a chair for the rest of the time they were in the pool clutching an ice pack and crying. After that it hurt to smile, eat, drink on the wrong side. After the ice pack there was Savlon and aloe vera which stung like craaaaaaazy!!



Believe me it doesn't look all that bad but it's like I have my face plastered with some incredibly tight bandage pulling my skin back off of my lip...i.e not good!!

The moral of the story is do not think that just because your friend can do back flips does not mean you can.. and you definitely will not be able to master it within 5 minutes. =D

PS. I wrote this by myself with no help from mother... just in case you thought other wise

PPS. sorry for the view up my nose in the pic..... :)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mother's note:

She took her own pics too with her own camera. My poor little baby!!!! It's amazing how grown up they are but when they hurt themselves it is as if they are tiny kids again......the pain in your heart is just as strong....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOWZA! You poor thing. I got the chills just reading it. I'm just glad it wasn't worse. Eek.

Stacy said...

Well, I hope you are feeling better, Baby Angel! That does look like it hurts something fierce.

Brittany said...

AW BA... sorry for the pain. We've all done something silly like that before, however... I think that's how we learn! feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! An injury to your face doesn't have to be huge to hurt really badly. Hope you feel better soon!
P.S. I'm very impressed with your writing. You must take after your mom :)

Amy Jo said...

Poor BA. I was guilty of making some bad gymnastic decisions in my youth as well. I hope she recovers quickly.

And the blue dress looked lovely!

Maggie said...

Ouch! That looks like it isn't any fun at all - hope that it feels better soon!

A Free Man said...

...and as punishment, I had to write this blog post! ;)

Rose said...

Ouch! Baby Angel!! I do hope mum is NOT torturing you by making you laugh now! ;)

And I'm happy it wasn't worse. That's a story you'll tell for years to come.

kim said...

ouch! I hope you didn't loosen your front teeth!

Dawn said...

oh BA, you poor thing.

in grade 7, i thought i could easily do flips on a large trampoline the way my best friend was doing, with less than 5 minutes of practice. in a failed attempt to flip forward, my knee slammed into my chin and i sliced my tongue open with my teeth (nearly biting it off). i had to get stitches in my tongue to save it. thirteen years old; not an easy time to endure that kind of conspicuousness. :)

Christina said...

Oh BA! It sounds awful just hearing about it. Youch! Hope it heals fast - the scape and your pride!