Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Sunday 7 June 2009

I Despair of The Younger Generation





Exhibit A: found on an assignment I was marking today. An assignment mind you! Not a test. Not something undertaken under pressure. No, an assignment given with two in class lessons for working on it and more than a week's worth of homework time allocated.


So what happened to phoning a friend? Asking a parent? Asking a teacher at lunchtime or during the lesson even? Looking in your text book for similar problems? Even looking on the internet?


What is going to happen to this world when this lot are running the joint? I ask you!!!!!!

7 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Yikes! Maybe it's my type A personality, but I would have rather died than write that on an assignment or test. Best of luck to you. It seems like you need it!

SSG said...

oh I've missed your blog! Have you seen postsecret.blogspot.com ? I think you might like some of it...

Also we went horse racing and I wished you had been there, it would have made more sense! I won the mney i sent on bets back, so didnt lose or gain anything, but it was fun!

Hope you doing good, xxx

A Free Man said...

They already are. I was one.

Arizaphale said...

AFM: Don't flatter yourself. You ain't THAT young....

susiej said...

Yes!! What will happen? ... I don't know.

Stacy said...

I despair as well. Hopefully they will actually learn that some EFFORT is required to succeed and it won't be handed to them on a silver platter. Hopefully...

Kevin C jones said...

Metaphysically, I don't understand either.