Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Friday 9 January 2009

A Plethora of Outings...well...two.

It has been a frantic week and I have been snap, snap, snapping away with the new camera, learning things as I go. Today for example, I discovered the macro setting! Would have been handy when taking yesterday's Theme Thursday shots >:-(.................

My brother-in-law, left lonely and FREE in the UK, has apparently logged on to this site and been disappointed by the absence of photos of his gang, so this post is for him.

Firstly, here is his little shell shocked family on day one, looking a little the worse for wear after their 24+ hour trip!

One of our first trips together was to Cleland Reserve where you can get up close and personal with the wildlife.Small Boy Jnr (they have the same name!!!) was captivated by the kangaroos.

This little chap is called a potoroo.

And here we have the gang patting a koala. What? What? You can't see the koala?It's right there on the right! So? I didn't think it was important enough to get into the shot.
Cut me some slack, I've seen em before!!!!!!! :-D

This little guy however, I couldn't resist!Here's one from at home. I was helping Small Boy Jnr to send an email to his dad. At 6 he is a remarkably good writer/speller so I was just encouraging him to use both hands on the keyboard. There's my new flatscreen monitor (Christmas present from Dad!) and my new 400GB+ external hard drive, to hold all my photos, in the backround up against the wall (thanks again Dad!!). The rest of the mess I have NO excuse for, except maybe that it's holidays.Our next outing was to Noarlunga beach with my favourite ex-pat Yank, A Free Man, and Boy Z.

That's my sister showing her bowling style, Small Boy Jnr as a rather laid back fielder on the left and Boy Z running away at silly-mid-on.
And now Boy Z gives Dad some bowling tips......Which he puts to good use.

Small Boy Jnr is impressed.

Meanwhile, The Small Boy introduced Ginger to boogie boarding. I don't know, I think she enjoyed it. What do you think?I couldn't resist this final shot, even though it isn't really for my brother-in-law. This is the Small Boy about to take a huge tumble; what we call being unceremoniously dumped!If you can click on this to enlarge it, check out his face!!

So that was the first two of our 'plethora of outings'. I'll have two more tomorrow with some incriminating video evidence of my sister and I!! Stay tuned also for the Arizaphale take on the hell that is a large family outing! It involves cafes, time frames, differing agendas and car breakdowns. Bet you can't wait :-)

8 comments:

The Honourable Husband said...

So, I guess the word "plethora" means exactly the opposite of what I thought?

(word verification: "Vitytrol" Perhaps a snide comment left by an internet troll!

Arizaphale said...

Headbang: What you don't think all these pictures are 'an excess'???

Arizaphale said...

Hang on, I just figured out what happened! I accidentally posted the title before I finished the post so I'm guessing headbang saw the plethora as.....nothing at all :-)

Brittany said...

ha ha ha you're a hoot.
Love that last shot! His face is great. I am slightly jealous of your warmth, however.

A Free Man said...

That second picture of Zach giving me bowling tips is perfect! Can you e-mail me a copy? That was a great day!

Oh, and Cleland is one of my favorite places around!

we_be_toys said...

Wonderful pictures of what appears to be the perfect beach! Aren't new cameras wonderful?
Family outings are always epic sagas - when they're particularly epic, I try to imagine what a fab story it's going to make, once it's all over.
Can't wait to be regaled!

Anonymous said...

OK, I am SOOOOO glad you got this camera; because you have the most beautiful natural photographic moments I've seen on the internet in a long time!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. I want sun sea and sand. Instead I have grey drizzle and orange street lights and the bottom of my trousers are wet. bah!