Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Saturday 8 November 2008

NaBloPoMo 4: Back to The Journal


26th February 1995 (30 weeks?)

What a long time since I've written! I've had all but no teaching this month. 1 day only but I have been observing a little boy with behavioural issues at Mum's nursery.

I have progressed from mildly pregnant, to definitely pregnant, to heavily pregnant in the last week! The baby is definitely a girl according to ultrasounds on 15th Feb. She is also making movements which I can relate to arms and legs instead of vague bubbly feelings. Occasionally I am sure she rolls right over as sometimes movement will occur all down one side and at other times it will be all down the other side. At the moment it is right behind my NAVEL!! My skin feels so tight it is itchy.

School in Australia seems so far away now. I guess they're all settled in to their 'new routines' without me. :-(

Been very 'cultural' this month. Went to see 'Barber of Seville', an English version (v funny). Will be seeing 'Hot Shoe shuffle' and 'Marriage of Figaro' next month. Hoping to get to 'Priscilla QOTD' with Mum and Dad, Middle Sis and Brother-in-law this wek.

Have made a maternity dress, skirt and leggings(what a disaster they turned out to be) and have a top to make. Have borrowed copious quantities of stuff from B and B, moses basket, baby bath, pram etc etc. At least 3 drawers full of clothes.

Starting to get the bedroom organised to make way for baby furniture and am trying to get into the 'mid-wifery led care' group so that I at least know 'somebody' in the hospital when I go into labour!! (fun, fun, fun)

Have decided to enrol in Active Birth classes.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Look at those sexy legs!! ;)

Arizaphale said...

and the TAN!!!!

Anonymous said...

Look how cute you were! I was a beast when I was pregnant. I envy people like you who managed to stay fit everywhere but the belly. :P

Maggie said...

I love it! I think that you might have me beat in the whiteness, at least in this shot -- I have freckles all over, so that gives me a disadvantage in the pale category!