My dad doesn't usually read my blog but I tipped him off to my previous post and he sent me this email the other morning.
"This business of the Flying Valkyries has always perplexed me and although we believed that the labels were on the wrong sides, I really couldn't believe it. So I took your advice and u-tubed the Valk. Then I had to re-assemble my hi-fi turntable which was sitting in the cupboard and find the original record (downstairs next to the ironing).
30 minutes later I was ready for the Utube-record comparison and guess what? You are right!
Can I sue Decca after 45 years?"
Really Dad! Trust me!! Some of these episodes from my childhood are burned indelibly on my memory :-D
The first week back at school has been full-on.
As well as getting my head back around teaching classes I have
- taken the BA and her friend to see 3oh!3
- met with my House officials to organise the last House event of the year on the heels of last year's successful event
- put forward the idea of student voting for next year's House officials and started the
- negotiated with one of my year 11's mums to get him OUT of his mainstream Y 11 maths
class and into an off-line individualised program. Committed myself to preparing an
individualised teaching and assessment program for him (about time!)
- met with a Y8 pupil with acute school phobia and negotiated his re-engagement in the
- been on an excursion with Y10. Quite well mannered!!!!!
- been co-opted into the Chairman's position for a committee which I thought was about discussing general procedures within the school and which turns out to be the Industrial Relations Committee!!!!!! :-( . You could not get anyone less interested in Industrial relations than I am. Hell, I don't even know what I earn per annum!!!! I am either on a steep learning curve or about to hand the job over to someone with much more of a 'worker' mentality than I have. Oh my coal mining grandfather would be ashamed of me ....*blush*
- fallen asleep in front of the computer on more than one evening