Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Saturday 30 May 2009

'Share a Plate': A Free Man Style

Fantastic dinner last Sunday, over at A Free Man's place where we met two new Adelaide bloggers. OK, they are actually American bloggers IN Adelaide but, whatever.

I took some nice photos but in the interests of privacy I won't post them.

I have no compunction about posting pictures of Boy Z though. Firstly, his father posts enough that he is well known web wide, secondly, as his father also points out, he is a damn fine looking kid! He seems to be getting over his visceral fear of my very visage but his real crush is the Baby Angel. He was all over her! Laughing, squealing, chasing her and running away. They got settled under the stairs playing with this toy and I'm not sure the BA realised what a picture she presented to those of us walking upstairs! I took this shot from between the open steps.

(photo of the BA's builder's bum removed by request)

(heh heh heh)


She may kill me for that later.....or soooner!!!!

We ate well, as you always do at Chez Freeman/O'C. I didn't get a photo of Himself's gorgeous antipasto platter or AFM's delicious duck gumbo, but I recovered myself enough to take this one of the multi dessert offering.

That's a superb mixed berry cobbler from the good Dr (O'C), a sensational apple pie US style (although I argue it can't be a pie by definition if it doesn't have pastry cover...so then what is it?) and down the very end there...a home made pavlova by moi: banana, passionfruit and grated chocolate atop cream and a baked meringue. I would have added strawberries too but it was kind of a last minute decision to make it (cheesecake was going to take too long to set) and I didn't have any.

So a great night was had by all (I think...but then I didn't have to do the washing up). Amazing the experiences this bloggy world provides.

Great to meet you girls, and your delightful husbands. Too bad my anti social one was working. Again >:-(

Still he assures me this weekend will be work free.

12 comments:

Suzer said...

Good luck on having a work free weekend from your hubs. Mine works too much as well. It was fantastic meeting you, and oh, did I mention the pavlova was good too;)

A Free Man said...

It was a good time, and pie or no (does it really matter?) it was damn good. Suzer left the rest here which we summarily demolished.

You CAN NOT leave that picture of the poor BA up on the internet. That's horrible!

DanYells said...

I will fight for my truly YANKY doodle.

dictionary.com :

pie:

1. a baked food having a filling of fruit, meat, pudding, etc., prepared in a pastry-lined pan or dish and often topped with a pastry crust: apple pie; meat pie.

Often, but not always :)

Lovely night! and I'd love your pavlova recipe if you're willing to share

Amy Jo said...

Isn't it fun to meet bloggy friends in real life?

Jill said...

Sounds like a fun time!

That table is beautiful!

I guess that answers my question about whether BA reads your blog or not. I was thinking maybe no, since you said your step son didn't know about it, but now I'm confused.

Arizaphale said...

Jill: Step son No2: No. Not interested. Not cool.

Step son No3 (aka Small Boy) does know and frequently asks for his picture to be posted.

BA: Yes. Reads avidly and sometimes comments. Drew the line at the bum picture. Oh and AFM influenced me as well. Shame. I thought it was funny.

Andi said...

Missed the BA bum shot. How funny. It is sweet though that she and Baby Z get along so well. I love that shot of them that you took through the stairs!

Looks like another great meal, and with great friends...what could be better?

(BTW, I tend to agree about a pasty topping for a real pie. However all of the desserts look yummy, so what does it really matter?)

Unknown said...

Oh, I missed the bum pic - but I'm glad you took it down, as I have found out...apparently not EVERYONE in my family likes how/what I blog. I'm trying to be a little more understanding and thinking more before I write. Which in reality...kinda sucks. I don't want to constantly be censoring myself, or worrying about it...but what do you do.

I will say - I LOVE BA's hair - did she just get it cut or am I just noticing the cuteness? I really like it.

Arizaphale said...

Yup! She just got it cut! I like it too.

we_be_toys said...

My god that meal looked fantastic! Ya'll threw down, didn't ya?
Now I'm thinking I might have to break down and bake just ONE blueberry pie this summer!

we_be_toys said...

PS Very cute shot of "the kids" playing together - they're both damn fine looking!

Arizaphale said...

WBT: 'break down' my ass