Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Tuesday 14 August 2007

Best Shot Monday: Feisty

Not many photos to show for this week, I've been busy and sick! I managed to drag myself out for Baby Angel's netball match on Sat however. This was my best action shot.

BA's team has played this mob before and been beaten. This tall and aggressive Goal Attack had BA rattled last time. She's only a few cm taller but seems more mature and really just psyched her out at last meeting.

Now, I don't know what the difference was but BA really had the measure of her this time around. She was so feisty that the GA was making mistakes left, right and centre. Like this time, as she defends way too early and BA was effectively able to lob it over her head as she landed.

I was so proud of her. They still lost but she worked her butt off and kept the margin down as much as possible. She got the vote for player of the match :-D I just wish I could have caught her in some of her spectacular leaps. She's just too quick.

Happy Monday everyone. See you at Tracey's.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being sick is no fun--I hope you're feeling better!

I do like the action shot--you don't see too many sports ones on BSM!

kim said...

great capture! I love this action shot.

Anonymous said...

You did get quite an action shot, and look at those long legs! She looks like poetry in motion.

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

YAY for her! Standing up to the defender is winning in my book. Good shot.

Arizaphale said...

Ooops. I didn't make it quite clear did I? She's the one on the ground :-D. But she does have lovely long legs too when she's jumping. Told you it was a pseudo shot this week.

Brittany said...

Hope you're feeling better! That's an awesome shot, love the action involved! :)

Never That Easy said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well: hope today is better. I like how you managed to get the action captured, just right. :) Happy Monday! (and, though I've never heard that song before, but I put it in my search folder, so I'll keep my ears open for it. Thanks! I'd say better might be a stretch, but still here works.)

Christina said...

Great actiion shot! Congrats to Angel Baby. :o)

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Cari said...

I really like that action shot!

Hope you are feeling better.

Melody A. said...

I think I'm just liking the uniforms. Is netball volleyball?

Arizaphale said...

OK Melody, you're the second person to ask about netball. I will post in full on this incredibly popular sport on the weekend (after the semi final) :-D