Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Saturday 25 August 2007

The Musical: Part 1


I woke up yesterday and realised there are 5 weeks until our school musical 'goes on' and we currently have costumes for, oh, maybe ONE character!

I am in charge of costumes. What was I thinking?????

Now, I have done musicals before. I have directed, designed and painted sets, choreographed, acted, danced, sung, stage managed and worked in lighting BUT I have never been solely in charge of costumes before. I may be out of my depth.

Today I must go op shopping and look for 'stuff'. Our musical (being a good Christian school) is 'Pilgrim: The Musical'. Yes, dear reader it is the story of 'Pilgrim's Progress' set to modern music and modified to include a cast of thousands of dancing girls. Do try NOT to laugh. I wonder how many Quaker's hats I'll find at the local Goodwill?

Wish me luck :-D

Eds Note: The above atmospheric but totally unrelated photo is the 'Peartree Players' 2002 production of "Robinson Crusoe and the Pirates" directed by yours truly, sets painted by yours truly, yours truly in title role (they INSISTED) and standing third from the right. A lavish production by our local Church, this annual Christmas entertainment extravaganza made up in enthusiasm what we lacked in talent. Which was quite a lot. Of both.

5 comments:

Melody A. said...

That truly sounds like soooo much fun to me. I think I would love that job. At Natalya's open house the other evening, I could have signed on to volunteer on every committee. Hubby was watching though so I chose one. Have you searched the internet or are you footin' it for the whole lot?

Arizaphale said...

Hadn't thought of searching the internet...that would involve mail charges I guess. Didn't get to the Op shop today either (guilty eek)as we went for a walk in the Botanic Gardens. You don't happen to have a pattern for a Quaker collar do you?

kim said...

Good luck to you! I always wait until the last minute to do stuff... which is why I'm always a bit frazzled!

Melody A. said...

No, sorry. Right now in front of me is a pattern for a monster costume, though. Won't work?

Anonymous said...

I think the musical sounds fabulously fun. Your job sounds fun too, but a lot of work. I have a feeling you're up for it. Can't wait to see photos of the costumes...there will be photos, right?