Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Wednesday 15 August 2007

Deflated

I am so disappointed.

I have installed a site meter and was getting very excited as I passed the 1000 hits mark. Then I started looking at other blogs and popping back to my page to go to the next one when suddenly, horror! I realised that every time I clicked back and forth, the site meter chugged up another 'hit'. I have been artificially inflating my own score!!!!!

Curses. Oh well, I have at least got onto del.icio.us and managed to start tagging all my fave blogs. Hopefully this will mean that any hits from now on are from the blogosphere!

I feel so foolish.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did that too. but you can tell sitemeter to ignore your own ip address. I think it's in your profile somewhere (like that's helpful.)

Amy Jo said...

You should try using the google reader for your blogs. It's a handy-dandy way to organize and read without going through your own blog.

Christina said...

I did the same thing with my blog meter in the beginning! So probably 25 or 30 of my "hits" are just me, before I realized that was happening. LOL.

Anonymous said...

That stinks! Wordpress actually doesn't count your own trips to the blog, thankfully. Some days I *check* my own site a little too often. :-)

I use bloglines, which seems to work really well too for managing blogs and ones I haven't had a chance to read yet.

We'll work on inflating your numbers for you....keep it coming!