Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Thursday 5 July 2007

Spectacle


Well, someone had to do it.
There are no 4th of July fireworks here so this is the only 'spectacle' I could find. Actually, this is the most spectacles I've found for some time. Usually I am screaming for a pair of glasses....often to find them on my head........

Mind you, there's only about one pair of these which are adequate for my rapidly failing eyes; hence the large number. I am outgrowing my glasses faster than the Baby Angel is outgrowing her shoes.


Come to think of it, what's the ocular equivalent to 'outgrowing'?
Outfailing? Outfocusing? Outslackening?????
It's a sad state of affairs anyway. But for a REAL spectacle, check out Theme Thursday at Picture This!!

11 comments:

Brittany said...

ha ha ha. I thought about trying to take a picture of eyeglasses. I love it! :)

Blueberry said...

cute!
i love your take on spectacle!

Melody A. said...

I like it. Very good.

natalie said...

That's a brilliant post. If I didn't have anything for spectacle, I was going to photograph the glasses, too!

Bunny said...

I love your take on the theme! Very good!

Stacy said...

Love it...great take on spectacle! :)

kim said...

Funny... I walked down the same road as you did today. That's a lot of glasses!

Christina said...

ROFL! I love your "spectacles!!" Too funny.

Christina said...

I don't know your e-mail address so I can't reply personally, but I wanted to say thanks for your comments on my blog today. Thanks so much for your words on my photos, and for saying the drool adds to it - I never know if I should photoshop it out or leave that bit of childhood there! I usually opt to leave it.

And Chuck E. Cheese is a pizza restaraunt and kids arcade all in one. There are little rides, games, playrounds...and a giant mouse in costume! Kids have a bast, parents grimace at the noise level!
http://www.chuckecheese.com/

Anonymous said...

The simplest is sometimes the best!

tracey clark said...

nice interpretaion!
: ) Tracey @ PIcture This