Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Friday 13 July 2007

Failure

I'm sitting at a computer in the Penneshaw Community Hall/Post Office where you can rent internet connection for $5.00 an hour. It's Friday here and we have been on Kangaroo Island (yes, that's a real place) since Wednesday night.

Of course I have known that the Theme Thursday theme was HEAT for some time. I have been thinking about it all week. Currently there is nothing hot over here at all.

I thought about a picture of Baby Angel's hotwater bottle. I thought about the flames in the wood stove. I thought about quilts and blankets and cats curled up near the window in the only scrap of sunshine available. Himself took photos of me in my coat, hat and gloves but this only served to remind us of how cold it is!
"How about a picture of you in a steaming shower, that would be 'hot'," he suggested unhelpfully.
(In what universe would THAT be hot? I wondered.)

Finally I have had to admit defeat. Short of staging a running race (get it? HEAT?) I am out of ideas and the time is up.

No wait, hang on, here is a great shot of seal tracks in the sand. Sand...beach...summer..heat...there is a link...tenuous but there...just imagine it is hot sand...ok, now to upload it using the Island's public dial up internet connection...

Ok, now to upload it using the dial up connection...

Ok, now to upload it.....

Upload.........

.......snore...............................

Oh dear, I think the computer has frozen.
EVEN THE INTERNET IS COLD HERE!

Oh well, there is always Best Shot Monday to look forward to.

5 comments:

Christina said...

LOL! I think you will leave many readers jealous of your cold days! You made me laugh...."even the internet is cold here."

kim said...

Love your post! AND you had several good ideas for the theme. Hope you have a good weekend!

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Great post... even with no "heat" photo. I checked out the link for Kangaroo Island. It sounds like an amazing place to vacation. I may need to rethink getting Zoe on a flight to Austrailia!

allie said...

Too funny! I am WAY jealous of your cold weather. I feel like my brain in cooked in our heat, although it's not as bad as summers past. Keep posting! Love reading 'em:)

allie said...

Great post! Lots of good ideas, I think:)

Really enjoy your blog, so keep 'em coming:)