Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 16 July 2007

Best Shot Monday: Beloved

Here's a shot full of love and pride! My beloved husband doing what he loves. I think he looks a bit like an aging Indiana Jones .......or Crocodile Dundee (does anyone remember that movie?). Kind of like, "That's not a lens......THIS is a lens!!!!!!" :-D

He's shooting down through Admiral's Arch where the seals were thick on the ground. As evidenced by his shot below. Now I have to admit that from here-on in the pictures are his but...I am so proud of him I had to share !!On the Friday we went on a friend's boat and Himself was in his element snapping like mad to get this amazing shot of a seal pup 'checking us out'!!! If you can, open it in a new window, the eyes are unreal!
And these guys were such characters! This one is basking on his back in the gold waters of sunset, mouth open, he's almost going "aaaaah".
So that's my pick of the holiday shots. Actually, there were about a half a dozen more amazing seal shots but............you get the picture. Oh, Himself says I have to post this one which was HIS favourite.
Have a great week and check out more Best Shots at Picture This.

13 comments:

Stacy said...

Nice shot and your hubby took some great shots of the seals, too! He does look a bit like Indiana Jones, too. ;)

Blueberry said...

these are great pictures! :)
i think that is a lovely picture your husband took of you.

Brittany said...

What amazing shots. So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Great pics!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous shot of your husband. Oh, his photos are awesome...I understand your pride.

That is a beautiful shot of you.

Amy Jo said...

Love the 'nature' shots! I always try and take pics of my darling, but he's camera shy!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos, both the people and the seals! :)

Maya said...

I love that you caught your husband in his element!

Chris said...

Those are really nice pictures! Great shot of your husband, by the way. I love how you have a photo of him doing what he loves best. And yes, I'm 'old enough' to remember Crocodile Dundee. LOL

Bunny said...

I love the pictures! Yours and his! I love the portraits of each other.

Christina said...

That first shot is amazing! The light is just incredible and he really does look like Indiana Jones. How wonderful that you guys can enjoy photography together (my husband has no interest in it whatsoever). I can see why that picture is his favorite, too - you are lovely!

Anonymous said...

Wow--thanks for posting; they were really cool to look through! And that photo of you is gorgeous, too :)

Cari said...

Very nice shot of your beloved and his pictures are wonderful as well.