Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Tuesday 20 October 2020

Taming The Wasteland: Look How Far I've Come

 On the back of viewing an exquisitely styled open house, further up our street, and coming home to feel that my place is a bit dowdy, dark and dumpy, I decided to look back on how far I have come with my garden.


I give you: The Wasteland then:



 

An in between shot...

And now:

 Although there are less weeds at the moment :-)

My terraces a few years back and then one taken last week....


 

The bank, down from the patio, just after I'd plugged in a whole lot of little cuttings. 

 
 
It took a few years but now........
 

 
 
I planted some Full Moon  convolvulus in the first year...
 

 
Here it is now...
 

 

And the other side of the staircase then



and now


Still a bit of work to do here :-)

The next step is to plan out the bottom half of the garden which is pretty bare at the moment...


But hey! I think I can pat myself on the back.

I comfort myself that although the house up the road was styled beautifully and had a great view....its back garden was rubbish 😂

Until next time!




No comments: