Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 15 April 2013

On The Fly

School holidays are here. I got to go to the gym this morning, make 5 important calls I've been meaning to make for a month and update the 'Flaming Family' page for Dawn, who needed a visual!
Now I have to go in to work and interview someone for a teacher's aide position. On Wednesday we're off to Kangaroo Island again for a workshop for our business.
The 'paving company' started work at 11 and now at 2.30pm seem to have called it a day. I can hear No2 Son outside revving his old bomb of a car in a most ineffective way, in that it keeps stopping. This does not auger well. For one thing, it means he'll be around more often
*sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given that you have previously made reference to other people's shortcomings when it comes to spelling, I thought I should point out that "augur" in this context is spelt thus, unless you are referring to a "screwing device", which is spelt as "auger". Perhaps the error was intentional in the circumstances?

Arizaphale said...

Haha! Well spotted...no, unfortunately NOT intentional. I have definitely been living in a building site too long!! :-D