Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Thursday 28 June 2007

Begin

Eighteen. First job. Borrowed suit. Borrowed tie. Even borrowed shoes....thanks Dad.

Door to door sales for charity.

Commission only. Six hours walking the streets for $40.00. That day.
Next day......nothing.

How do you tie this thing? Did you know if I make a Direct Debit sale I get more than I do for a Credit Card? We call them DD and CC. I might buy a jacket with my first cheque. How do you tie this thing? Sam says I did really well for my first day. Take a picture of me in my suit to show Mum. How do you tie this thing?

He is the antithesis of a salesman. He's too intense. His sense of humour too surreal. This can't last....

but............he's learning to tie a tie! He's having a go. And he's smiling again.........We watch him begin......

For more breath taking 'Begins' see Theme Thursday on Picture This

10 comments:

kim said...

That's awesome! I really enjoyed reading the story that went with the picture. I totally remember that beginning in my life, so surreal.

Stacy said...

Wow, that is wonderful! Your words went so well with the shot. Ah to be at the beginning again. :)

Melody A. said...

I like how the photo focused on the tie. And the story was just so sweet.

Maya said...

Love the words you were able to put with the photo!

allie said...

The story with the picture is wonderful. You sound like you are a really great mom:)

Anonymous said...

what a great "beginning."

Christina said...

Beautiful words to go with a beautiful image! What a beginning...

natalie said...

Wow...

That's all I can say.

Wow...

Anonymous said...

what a sweet story, i love it.

Anonymous said...

what a sweet story. I love it.