Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Wednesday 17 December 2008

Unashamed Begging

A Free Man has nominated me in his Christmas Limerick contest!
How exciting! I never win anything!

Now the idea was to write an Anti-Christmas limerick which I initially refused to do, writing instead this little ditty:

When planning your Christmas affaire
If you offer the Free Man a chair
Know, his tedious whinge
On our annual binge
Will dispel all goodwill, so beware!

Pretty good I thought. Clever use of rhyme. Good message.

But he will go on and on and eventually I had to admit that there are things about Christmas in Australia that I do not particularly enjoy so I submitted an entry which adhered to the rules.

There are 5 finalists to choose from and a stack of music to win so please, please, please dear and loyal readers, click on over to his post and VOTE for ME!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted I voted!!!

A Free Man said...

Whoa. Shameless self promotion. I'm not sure if this is strictly kosher.

Controversial.

;)

Brittany said...

I voted! :)

Anonymous said...

Aha, this explains your email to me the other day LOL

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

I voted!

You're winning!

Miss Betty Fjord said...

As shameless as begging can be
Anyone with a small brain can see
That your verse was the best
No need for the rest
And surely a winner you'll be!

Andi said...

I just want you to know that even though I am in the middle of creating a mid-year exam for my students, I sacrificed a few moments to go and vote for you...LOL! You are still winning!!
Seriously, it is almost 1:00 am, and I can not finish this exam for the life of me...obviously, I will do anything to distract myself!
And by the way, I am SO jealous that you are on holiday...I have TWO more days. Oh. The. Horror. These days are CRAWLING by so painfully. Hope you are relaxing, having a blast, and enjoying family and fun times. I will be doing such soon! :)