Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Friday 26 December 2008

Christmas In Pictures

the Tree on Christmas Eve.


The Christmas table. Just the four of us this year. No kids. Except that the Small Boy and his Mum arrived at 2.40pm, twenty minutes early, about 10 minutes after we'd sat down to eat! He naturally wanted to immediately share his present list with us, complete with demonstrations of his new nerf gun. Great for the digestion.


Remains of the day.

Mum and Dad after about ten attempts to get them both smiling, with their eyes open and exposed correctly (ooo-er). Worse than kids!

Waiting to open presents. It was a pleasant 30C.

Is that a photo of my husband smiling????????? Mum and I were the only ones to wear our Santa hats. Boys are no fun at all!Opening presents. Ignore the date. The camera was still on English time :-)

Dazed by the excess....

One of my favourite presents. My lovely dad, obviously tired of the old monitor from 2000 (yup, it's that old) on my computer which he uses to check his emails when he comes around, gave a me a 19" flat screen monitor! Now to clear off my desk sufficiently to get it all hooked up.

My other favourite present. This one came from Himself and made me well up. I am going to enjoy using these coupons. :-D

The day finished up with a visit to The Bestie and Mumford's place where we sat around a brazier drinking champagne and chatting until the wee small hours. A couple of my lovely presents there included the dvd of 'Sweet Charity' from the Bestie's Mum and Dad and the first season of 'Stargate:sg1' on dvd from the Bestie and Mumf. I am a sucker for a sci-fi series!

Today, Boxing Day, has been hot, hot, hot and we spent the morning down at the yacht club setting up for Registration tomorrow when all the interstate boats arrive and have to be measured, weighed and approved for racing, which starts on Sunday. On Monday the Baby Angel returns and on Tuesday my Baby Sister and her kids arrive! All this in between manning the desk each morning before the races and getting the preparations for the Presentation Dinner finalised.

Never a dull moment!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with families and friends.

7 comments:

Christina said...

What a wonderful celebration! Your Christmas table looks lovely. I love SB's hair, too! :o) And the coupons - he's a smart man, knows what a woman erally wants!

Anonymous said...

You look so pretty! No wonder Himself is looking so cheerful. :)
I love that he made you coupons. I used to do that for my mom when I was little.
Was it hard for you not having BA there?

Rose said...

Happy (late) Boxing Day! And Merry Christmas! Looks like a wonderful for everyone. You have crackers on your table - I love crackers we usually always have them; but not this year. Bummer.

And I LOVE Sweet Charity. Great movie.

A Free Man said...

Looks like a good day! I would have loved four rather than 31. It's over at least...

Unknown said...

Oh, I love the photo of you and the hubs! And the table looks gorgeous...but by far the best pic was the coupons! I LOVE coupons - getting and giving them. They are such a fun gift.

I'm glad you had a great day...here is to a Happy New Year, too!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Lovely table. Looking good yourself with Himself!

Coupons - smart man!
Small Boy - what a character! He has that Dennis the Menace look about him! :)
(Do you know Dennis the Menace?)

Blueberry said...

your tree is lovely!!

looks like you had a wonderful christmas. hope you have a happy new year!! :)