Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Thursday 28 February 2008

Theme Thursday: Memory


"London is London
Is anyone in doubt about it?
London is London
It's easy to find out about it......." (Petula Clark in Goodbye Mr Chips)

I love London. For me it evokes powerful memories.
History. Beauty. Culture. Adventure.
Stepping off the edge of family into the big, wide world as I departed for my backpacking tour of Europe in 1979.
Friendships. Shared experience.
My daughter's childhood.

This memorable trip was the Summer of 2002 when the Queen celebrated her Jubilee.

The Baby Angel stood on the steps of St Paul's Cathedral and played at Samson bringing down the pillars in the temple. We wandered the quiet streets on a glorious summer's Sunday after the fireworks and street parties of the night before and found a shop celebrating in its own way.

This is the stuff of which Memories are made..............

To see what everyone else is remembering, click over to the Land of KA.


> border="0" />

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun,lasting memory!

~~

Megan said...

that's such a cute shot of your daughter -- i bet she loves it, too. sounds like a great trip!

Maya said...

What a great memory!

A Free Man said...

I love the photo - she actually looks a little sheepish, as if St. Paul's had shifted a bit.

Rose said...

I admit, I love London too. Although I have never been there. My family lived there for a fed years back in the late 50s, early 60s - right before me.

Rose said...

PS Baby Angel is adorable in that shot.

Maggie said...

What a great memory. I love the shot of BA -- she has such a great smile! And that second shot with the toast makes me giggle - too fun!

Bonnie said...

That first shot is amazing !! Love it ! And the second one is cool too ! Ahh ... London. I've only been once but I'm sooooo going back one day !

kim said...

Love that pic of BA! Sounds like a wonderful (some wonderful) memory/s.

Stacy said...

What an adorable shot of BA, and fun memories. That sounds like a wonderful time, and definitely wonderful memories.

Unknown said...

OH! Your post brought back some serious good London memories. It is my favorite city - I got to live there for a few months while we started up a new company there. I would go back in a heartbeat, if ya know $$ and family were not a problem.

I love that first photo...great memories!

Christina said...

TOAST the queen. Haha, that is so clever. And gorgeous shot of the BA!

Killlashandra said...

Wonderful memory! Sounds like it was a great trip with lots of very special memories. How cool to there for the Jubilee too. :)

Brittany said...

Love the photo! :) What a great memory!!! :)

PS Baby pics are up!

Anonymous said...

Aw, what great memories, and a SWEET picture. She looks like a little angel for sure.

Anonymous said...

The BA is just to precious all dolled up.

What's a jubilee and why was the Queen celebrating it? Was it her birthday?