Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 31 December 2007

Life Would Be Perfect if......

I have been ranting on about seeing SmokyJo so much that I left some people thinking that all the family was together here in Aus at the moment. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Here is the rest of my family! Guess which one is my sibling? hahahahahahah

We were really lucky back in 2003 to have this arm of my family visit in its entirety. Nephew was only 8months old at the time, Niece was maybe 4? She had been struck with a nasty cough which plagued her all the way on the plane and kept her awake for nights after she arrived. The kids did not cope well with the jetlag and overall the visit was hard work for the poor parents.

To top it off it was the wettest winter on record in SA that year, something we haven't seen since, and I was working which meant they were constantly looking for things to do with the kids....indoors. Now the UK and perhaps the US are geared for this but Aus is not. I fear it was an ill remembered holiday and, unfortunately, now that my Nephew has to have his own seat, the cost of transporting everyone out here would be astronomical. It will be up to us to get back and see them in the future, or at least until my BIL becomes a Headmaster of a well to do independent school :-D!!

But my point is, we are missing them. Although we have most of us here together, the absence of our youngest sibling and her treasured family is keenly felt. I think sometimes we exclaim so much about the fun we're having that they may feel we have forgotten them.

WELL WE HAVEN'T!!!!!!!!!! :-D

We love you guys and if we could wave a magic wand and disapperate (yes, I am reading Harry Potter) you all here tomorrow, without jetlag....*sigh*

Let's hope we can make inroads into some savings for a Xmas trip to the UK in 2008!! Although if the airconditioner keeps requiring work and the patio keeps sliding away from the pool at its current rate....................anyone know a good landscape engineer???????

2 comments:

Christina said...

Aww, it's too bad they couldn't be there with you, too! but at least *most* of the family is together. :o)

The Honourable Husband said...

If you're on your way to the UK for Xmas 2008, of course you need to visit Munich!