Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Friday 28 December 2007

Adelaide News

Finally the weather widget is getting it right! It says 36C and 'fair'. This must be some strange, new meaning of the word 'fair' with which I am unfamiliar!! It is HOT! And no air conditioner still!

That was the weather report.

In other News: The arrival of SmokyJo and her husband Big J has caused excitement and emotion in the Flaming Sword household today. Elder sister Arizaphale was seen sobbing before anyone even emerged from the Arrivals gate. Rumour has it she was thinking of the opening credits of 'Love Actually'. Niece, Baby Angel, was heard to say "I never realised how much you looked like your sister Mum."

And now for the Sports.

Joker IV skippered by Himself and crewed by No2 Son came 11th in their first race today!!!
This out of a field of 27 'hotshots'. The best they did in the 2006 Nationals was 27th!!!! That was in a field of 45 boats.

And there was much celebration.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I hope you have a great time with your sister! I would have cried, too.
Congrats to your guys for their accomplishment!

Melody A. said...

I just saw my sis too. But she came as we were leaving for Disney so I only got two days with her. Have fun.

And congrats to the big boys.

Brittany said...

What a BUSY holiday week you have had! Have a great time with your sister! :)

Melody A. said...

Just read your question about our Cinderella dinner. It'a special dinner that you make reservations for. We have dinner, Cinderella and her gang walk around for pictures and autographs. There are tons of places at Disney that offer it, with different characters, at different restaurants. I felt bad when I had to break the news to V that Cinderella wasn't sitting with us to "have dinner".

Stacy said...

sounds like an exciting day! Have fun with your sister...I will await the family photo. :)

Christina said...

What a full weekend of fun it's been! I am lucky to see my sister weekly...I can't even imagine how I'd feel to see her for the first time after months of years. Wow. So great to have the entire family together!