Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 3 December 2007

Best Shot Monday: Corn Boy

Lord, I should be chastised for my complete lack of ability with the camera. I have the best model in the world and I can still not get a clear picture of him.

This is my 'Corn Boy'!!! I asked him to rake the lawn (I don't think he'd ever been asked to do anything like that in his life before!!!) and cajoled him with one of my hats. On seeing the hat he announced he was like a scarecrow and needed 'one of those corn things' to put in his mouth. Blow me down if he didn't find one!!!

He then insisted I take photos and posed beautifully but I suspect I have changed a focus thing on my camera (borrowed off Himself) and nothing is clear. :-(

Regardless. He worked his butt off.
Look at the state of the lawn behind him! He told me that I would get a picture of the lawn behind him and that I needed an 'after' picture. When he had finished he called me down to take the after picture.He told me where to stand on the road so that I would get the whole background in. Look at that lawn!!!! It's still there under all the bark and leaves! Of course dad helped by getting rid of all the things SB raked up....but that's OK!! He was sooooo proud of himself.

There's not a lot of quality in these photos but the relationship building that goes on is priceless. Whilst I am despairing over No2 son at the moment, I am encouraged by my Small Boy. He may not be 'mine' but he kind of is.

Edited to include: Just on looking.....Lord I love this kid.

Click for more Best Shots

little bsm button

17 comments:

Blueberry said...

that first picture is simply wonderful!! i love it!
and he really did do a great job on the yard. :)

Melody A. said...

He needs to travel this way to teach my 6 yo to at least pick up her socks. Great work.

SusieJ said...

Great shot -- Looks so relaxed!

Maggie said...

What a sweet boy! And I love the pictures - too funny!

Megan said...

love that first pose -- he looks like quit the ham!

Maya said...

I think you have a little art director on your hands!

Arizaphale said...

You are all right! He is a ham and art director and a sweet boy....when he isn't refusing to pick up his socks!!!
Actually, I think I've hit a breakthrough. I think he's hypoglycemic like BA and I. If we don't eat properly we can go ballistic (or in my case after many years of practice...snippy). If I feed him we seem to avoid the massive hissy fits.
I just want to snuggle him though.

Brittany said...

LOVE the first shot! SO cute!! :)

BTW- You were right. Beloved Ohio, indeed! Anddd they are going to the National Championships TOO! woo hoo!

Dawn said...

He is so cute.

kim said...

Way to go, SB! Nice job. I think those pictures are great. Who needs focus? I see everything very clearly.

A Free Man said...

Great photos, if a wee bit unfocused we can call it arty ;) You've got a beautiful looking house as well!

Anonymous said...

Wow - what a great job he did! How wonderful that he wants you to take his photo! Great to see the love growing.

Christina said...

What a little character he is! I love photo #3 especially. He is lucky to call you (step)Mom!

Phyllis Sommer said...

how cute! love the posing...

Mommy's Cherish said...

Wow! He is a keeper! Thanks for sharing!

Jessie said...

I meant to comment here the other day, and got distracted. I'm so glad that you are bonding with him and that he is so helpful. I think the pictures are great, too. Just sharpen those babies a little bit on photoshop (or whatever) and you're golden!

Karen said...

Go Small Boy! What a great job he did, and more importantly, what a sweetie he is! Too funny about needing the hay.