Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Friday 20 May 2011

A Kind of Rambling Post That is Somewhat Indicative Of My State of Mind.

Am I the only one who sees the similarities here? Forgetting hairstyle, background, light etc - do these two not look like the same girl??
First shot is from 1976; Middle Sis is wearing the old Alma Mater uniform. Must say that's one traditional thing I am not sorry to see replaced. See how nice the new one is?
Things are not much better on the Flaming Sword front I am sorry to say. Schoolwork, facebook, priorities and boys are the subject of much discussion here at present. Oh, and the possibility of attending the local public school if things don't change.

I guess this had to happen sooner or later. It's been pretty much a dream run so far. Well, all that is over now. I am walking the fine line between turning all this into a power struggle. I know who will win the power struggle (me) but at what cost?

I'll get back to you when I have some answers.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

That is too bad that things are not getting on well. I guess that is the way things go, though. I think we all tested our boundaries from time to time as teenagers.

My mom said that they kept us too busy to get into trouble, which was pretty true. We also lived out in the country and didn't have access to much electronics, so it isn't like we had an opportunity anyways LOL!

I am not looking forward to when our kids are of that age. They definitely have access and opportunity to get into trouble.

Jill said...

Oh dear. I have been late reading from your blog too. Ever since bloglines abandoned me, I have never really been able to keep up. I am going to fix that this summer though. I'm going to have to read backwards to know what's going on, but I already say I'm sorry.

And yes, there's a definite resemblance there!