Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Saturday 4 December 2010

Looking Good After 40 Years

Round at the Bestie's new place last night, the 40C temps were catching up with the BA who fancied a swim. Not having her bathers with her she prevailed upon the Bestie to borrow a pair.
"I think I may have a pair that might fit you," chirped the Bestie's gorgeous and beloved mother, who is the most frugal person I know. She rummaged in the bedroom and came out with her own bathers, last worn circa 1960!!!



I particularly like the expression on the Bestie's Beloved's face.
I encouraged the BA to give us this Betty Grable pose.

She does not compare the results favourably. She feels some photoshop was needed.

I don't know. What do you think? I think she was disadvantaged in not having the shoes and spray tan.

7 comments:

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

And the hair... don't forget she was lacking the hair.

Amy Jo said...

She looks smashing! It's vintage!

A Free Man said...

When is your pool open for business? I have a couple of keen customers!

Arizaphale said...

Colleen: I don't know...she's got a mighty boosh of blonde locks on the top there :-) Maybe not quite as coiffed but....

Mid Sis said...

Defo the shoes - and BG's swimsuit has a higher back too - and Hollywood photographers (no offence Big Sis - your photography skills are ace but you were lacking the prerequisites of lighting, sets, assistants, etc!)

Jill said...

Way too cute! Yes, spray tan and the shoes & she's set! :-)

Stacy said...

Love it and she looks great in it! Yes, the heels would have definitley given a nice lift. ;)