Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Sunday 22 November 2009

*&^%$#@ EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My next overlocker auction ended this evening. Half an hour before I went to place my final bids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was AEDST (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time) and we are ACDST (Australian Central Daylight Savings Time) a fact which escaped me because the last auction item was here in South Australia! AND it went for within my price range.................
>:-(
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It looks like I am not meant to have an overlocker............

Back to the drawing board.

3 comments:

DanYells said...

Have you done the thing where you can set your maximum bid, so Ebay will bid for you?? That way if your max is whatever if will increase in increments until the bids reach that. (If someone else is bidding higher each time it auto-bids for you.) If not, you'll automatically win. You'll lose if someone else bids higher than your max though, obviously.

hehe I used to do a bit of ebaying :)

My other secret is an alarm clock to tell you when to get your butt on the computer and watch! (Not always effective if it ends at a strange time.)

Good luck!

Jill said...

Sorry you lost out again. :-( Maybe someone should get you one of those things for Christmas!

arizaphale said...

Laine: I was trying to avoid giving anything away by putting my max bid in beforehand. Other people have suggested some of these sniping sites justsnipe.com, bidnapper.com (or something) and you can program them to put a bid in automatically at the last minute. It still means you lose if your bid is lower than someone else who does the same thing! That's what happened onmy first go. Two automatic bids went on in the last 5 secs and the higher one got it.